10 Books (+1) That Have Stayed With Me (in my mind, if not physically; listed in no particular order):
- Black Beauty - Anna Sewell
- Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
- Persuasion - Jane Austen
- The Feminine Mystique - Betty Friedan
- Ragtime - E. L. Doctorow
- The Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein
- A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving
- Harry Potter and the [fill in the blank] series - J.K. Rowling
- Bel Canto - Ann Patchett
- The Devil’s Highway - Luis Alberto Urrea
- Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman (because it was so hilarious I couldn’t leave it off)
persuasion (1995) → facts or opinions which are to pass through the hands of so many, to be misconceived by folly in one, and ignorance in another, can hardly have much truth left.
"Persuasion" is my favorite Austen book, and I love this film adaptation so much. Casting perfection.